- 3D user-interface (open)
- 3D-Mapping (open
- Joint Rescue Forces list of tasks
- small tasks
- Reconnect when in range
- Use status message to select view.
Started Labbook 2016
June 11, 2015
May 18, 2015
May 13, 2015
- Continue to install the SIGVerse server following the steps of the tutorial. Xj3D is described at the web3d website.
- Checked out the v1.0 source code with svn, but this is use. According to NPS developers, this is a an orphaned version.
- make of SIGVerse v2.2.2 fails on missing jni.h. Copied this from jvm/java-1.6.0 to /usr/local/include, as specified in the 2nd step of the tutorial.
- Added SHELL = '/bin/bash' to the Makefile of server/commonlib, to allow the usage of popd and pushd (instead of cd). make install creates a sigverse-2.2.2 in my home-directory.
- Started sigserver.sh from there gives the correct:
[SYS] ////////////// World number 0 (port 9000) ///////////////
[SYS] data directory :
[SYS]  /home/arnoud/sigverse-2.2.2/share/sigverse/data/xml/
[SYS]  /home/arnoud/sigverse-2.2.2/share/sigverse/data/shape/
[SYS] world file : MyWorld.xml
[SYS] building entity (entName=(Robot-nii), className=(Robot), X3DFileName=(/home/arnoud/sigverse-2.2.2/share/sigverse/data/shape/robot_nii_v2.x3d))
- Found the mentioned jar at vrspace.org.
May 1, 2015
April 20, 2015
March 29, 2015
- Looking at YouBotBaseKinematicsTest.cpp in youbot_driver.
March 19, 2015
- Looked at sun and ground_plane models. Groundplane has a collision link, which is not needed for player_start. In /usr/share/gazebo-4.1/media/materials several materials for the visual can be found. For instance, the following Reds are available:
For Blue two additional colours are available:
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/Red
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/RedBright
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/RedGlow
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/RedTransparentOverlay
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/RedTransparent
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/SkyBlue
- gazebo.material:material Gazebo/BlueLaser
March 18, 2015
- Implemented a simple C++ version of USARGazeboStream. Could make a connection, but socket is closed before NFO message could be written.
March 17, 2015
- Tested the RoboCupRescuePackage as created by Masaru Shimizu. The version of March 13 responds with spwawning a Pioneer robot for each message, so it fails when USARCommander asks for the SpawnPositions:
- Added functionality to handle a GETSTARTPOSES request. Tested with telnet on a Linux machine it works, but USARCommander it fails. Should check the extra carrier return given by robot controllers like USARCommander:
Commited this version.
- Should read some Gazebo documentation:
- Write a Plugin
- Transport Library
- The USARGazebo is a WorldPlugin, where I expected a SystemPlugin. The SystemPlugin is useful for modifications in the GUI.
- Tried to install the webserver plugin, but failed on "gzweb/node_modules/.bin/node-gyp: No such file or directory". The suggested npm config set registry http://registry.npmjs.org/ didn't help.
- Gazebo uses Boost ASIO to manage the communication layer, and Google Protobufs are used as the message passing and serialization library.