Started Labbook 2021
December 15, 2020
December 11, 2020
December 10, 2020
- Nice blog on why autonomous navigation is difficult.
- Kyber Photonics will start building solid-state LiDAR.
- For the DARPA subterrain challenge the Australian CSIRO team found own cave, including a drone scout with a rotating LiDAR.
December 9, 2020
- Watched Joris Sijs' presentation on knowledge graphs combined with Spot on Grakn Labs channel.
December 8, 2020
- TNO now also has a Search and Rescue project, called SNOW.
November 11, 2020
- Interesting BARN dataset with different navigation challenges, presented at the SSRR 2020.
October 23, 2020
July 28, 2020
July 23, 2020
- To put Marlon's work in perspective, see the visual reconstruction in Fig. 5.6 of Paul Timothy Furgale's PhD thesis. The reconstruction is widly inaccurate at this scale, although locally more than good enough.
- In Robert A. Hewitt's or Paul T. Furgale's no reconstructed maps are given, the only map I could find was Figure 11 of HDPR: A Mobile Testbed for Current and Future Rover Technologies. Yet, the main focus of this paper is the accuracy of the RTK GPS.
July 22, 2020
- Should try ROSLab, which uses Docker files and Jupyter labs to start ROS packages.
June 19, 2020
- Interesting article on multiple-vehicle drone simulation from Auterion, the control-software of the Dutch medicical drone of Aya.
April 29, 2020
April 9, 2020
April 8, 2020
April 2, 2020
March 12, 2020
February 11, 2020
- The AI-robotics lab from the Eskisehir Osmangazi University has published dataset with ramps, measured with a P3AT with a Asus Xtion Pro RGB-D sensor. The Xtion seems to be already a standard sensor in Gazebo.
- The robot description pacakge of the book 'Mastering ROS' also contains a pan-tilt.urdf, which would have been handy for Paul's project.
February 3, 2020