Greetings! My name is Hoàng-Ân Lê. I am from Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Starting from April 2016, I am a doctoral candidate at Computer Vision lab, University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. I am working with Professor Theo Gevers on the project TrimBot2020, funded by EUHorizon, in which I was interviewed for the Human Face of Robotics. My thesis topic is on multi-modality Computer Vision.
I have been a regular reviewer for several high-ranking conferences and journals, including CVPR (IEEE/CVF), BMVC (BMVA), WACV (IEEE/CVF), ACCV (AFCV), JSTARS (IEEE)
- Nov 2020 Our paper titled EDEN: Multimodal Synthetic Dataset of Enclosed GarDEN Scenes, joint work with Das, Mensink, and Gevers, is accepted for WACV'21
- Oct 2020 Our paper titled Object features and face detection performance: Analyses with 3D-rendered synthetic data, joint work with Han, Karaoglu, and Gevers, is accepted for ICPR'20
- Aug 2020 Our paper titled Novel View Synthesis from Single Images via Point Cloud Transformation, joint work with Mensink, Das, and Gevers, is accepted for BMVC'20
- Oct 2019 Being interviewed for the TrimBot2020 project's Human Face of Robotics and featured on the Newsletter of the UvA.
- Jan 23rd, 2019 Our paper discussing The Second Workshop on 3D Reconstruction Meets Semantics: Challenge Results Discussion at ECCV'18 is now onlined, joint work with Tylecek, Sattler, Brox, Pollefeys, Fisher, and Gevers.
- Dec 5th, 2018 New paper on Automatic Generation of Dense Non-rigid Optical Flow, joint work with Nimbhorkar, Mensink, Baslamisli, Karaoglu, and Gevers.
- Jul 11th, 2018 Taking part in the challenge organizers of the ECCV'18 workshop 3D Reconstruction Meet Semantics,
- Jul 6th, 2018 Our paper titled Three for one and one for three: Flow, Segmentation, and Surface Normal, joint work with Baslamisli, Mensink, and Gevers, is accepted for Oral presentation at BMVC'18 (acceptance rate 4.3%).
- Jul 3rd, 2018 Our paper titled Joint Learning of Intrinsic Images and Semantic Segmentation and Surface Normal, joint work with Baslamisli, Groenestege, Das, Karaoglu, and Gevers, is accepted for ECCV'18.
- Feb 20th, 2018 Our paper titled CNN based Learning using Reflection and Retinex Models for Intrinsic Image Decomposition, joint work with Baslamisli and Gevers, is accepted for CVPR'18.
- Mar 31st, 2017 Our project hosts the ICCV'17 workshop named 3D Reconstruction Meet Semantics.
- Oct 6th, 2016 Student volunteer for European Conference in Computer Vision (ECCV) 2016 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Sep 1st, 2016 Visiting the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK for TrimBot2020 consortium | photo.
- May 11th, 2016 Joining the TrimBot2020 consortium at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands | photo.
- Apr 1st, 2016 Joining the Computer Vision lab, University of Amsterdam for PhD research on 3D Scene Understanding
- Sep 1st, 2015 Graduate at EURECOM insitute, Télécom ParisTech with diplôme d'Ingénieur (Master of Science degree in Engineering)
- Mar 1st, 2015 Visiting scholar at Coordinate Science Lab (CSL), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA for 6-month graduation project.
MSc in Engineering | diplôme d'Ingénieur 2012-2015
- Coordinated Science Lab, UIUC, USA
- Advisor Professor Minh Do
BSc in Computer Science2018-2012
- in conjunction with Portland State University, USA
- Advanced Program in Computer Science, coursework in English
- Advisor Assoc/Professor Minh-Triet Tran
Following is the list of the wonderful people with whom I have had a chance to work.
List of publications on Goole Scholar