Greetings! My name is Hoàng-Ân Lê. I am from Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
I obtained the PhD degree in Computer Science in 2021 from the Computer Vision lab, University of Amsterdam under the supervision of Prof. Theo Gevers and Dr. Thomas Mensink. The doctoral study was fully funded by the EUHorizon 2020 program within the TrimBot2020 project. My doctoral thesis is titled Outdoor Image Understanding from Multiple Vision Modalities.
I have been a regular reviewer for several high-ranking conferences and journals, including CVPR (IEEE/CVF), BMVC (BMVA), WACV (IEEE/CVF), ACCV (AFCV), JSTARS (IEEE)
- May 28th, 2021 Our paper titled ShadingNet: Image Intrinsics by Fine-Grained Shading Decomposition, joint work with Baslamisli, Das, Karaoglu, Gevers, is accepted for IJCV
- May 18th, 2021 I have successfully defend my doctoral thesis, entitled Outdoor Image Understanding from Multiple Vision Modalities
- Jan 2021 I am joining the France Énergies Marine as a post doctoral researcher for development of artificial intelligence for multimodal analysis on the OWFSOMM project
- Nov 2020 Our paper titled EDEN: Multimodal Synthetic Dataset of Enclosed GarDEN Scenes, joint work with Das, Mensink, and Gevers, is accepted for WACV'21
- Oct 2020 Our paper titled Object features and face detection performance: Analyses with 3D-rendered synthetic data, joint work with Han, Karaoglu, and Gevers, is accepted for ICPR'20
- Aug 2020 Our paper titled Novel View Synthesis from Single Images via Point Cloud Transformation, joint work with Mensink, Das, and Gevers, is accepted for BMVC'20
- Oct 2019 Being interviewed for the TrimBot2020 project's Human Face of Robotics and featured on the Newsletter of the UvA.
- Jan 23rd, 2019 Our paper discussing The Second Workshop on 3D Reconstruction Meets Semantics: Challenge Results Discussion at ECCV'18 is now onlined, joint work with Tylecek, Sattler, Brox, Pollefeys, Fisher, and Gevers.
- Dec 5th, 2018 New paper on Automatic Generation of Dense Non-rigid Optical Flow, joint work with Nimbhorkar, Mensink, Baslamisli, Karaoglu, and Gevers.
- Jul 11th, 2018 Taking part in the challenge organizers of the ECCV'18 workshop 3D Reconstruction Meet Semantics
- Jul 6th, 2018 Our paper titled Three for one and one for three: Flow, Segmentation, and Surface Normal, joint work with Baslamisli, Mensink, and Gevers, is accepted for Oral presentation at BMVC'18 (acceptance rate 4.3%).
- Jul 3rd, 2018 Our paper titled Joint Learning of Intrinsic Images and Semantic Segmentation and Surface Normal, joint work with Baslamisli, Groenestege, Das, Karaoglu, and Gevers, is accepted for ECCV'18.
- Feb 20th, 2018 Our paper titled CNN based Learning using Reflection and Retinex Models for Intrinsic Image Decomposition, joint work with Baslamisli and Gevers, is accepted for CVPR'18.
- Mar 31st, 2017 Our project hosts the ICCV'17 workshop named 3D Reconstruction Meet Semantics.
- Oct 6th, 2016 Student volunteer for European Conference in Computer Vision (ECCV) 2016 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Sep 1st, 2016 Visiting the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK for TrimBot2020 consortium | photo.
- May 11th, 2016 Joining the TrimBot2020 consortium at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands | photo.
- Apr 1st, 2016 Joining the Computer Vision lab, University of Amsterdam for PhD research on 3D Scene Understanding
- Sep 1st, 2015 Graduate at EURECOM insitute, Télécom ParisTech with diplôme d'Ingénieur (Master of Science degree in Engineering)
- Mar 1st, 2015 Visiting scholar at Coordinate Science Lab (CSL), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA for 6-month graduation project.
Doctoral Candidate 2016-2021
MSc in Engineering | diplôme d'Ingénieur 2012-2015
- Coordinated Science Lab, UIUC, USA
- Advisor Professor Minh Do
BSc in Computer Science2018-2012
- collaborating program with Portland State University, USA
- Advanced Program in Computer Science, coursework in English
- Advisor Assoc/Professor Minh-Triet Tran
Following is the list of the wonderful people with whom I have had a chance to work.
List of publications on Goole Scholar