My research is in quantum information theory and its connections to mathematics, fundamental physics, and computing. I am supported by an NWO Veni grant on Quantum bits in space and time.
Curriculum vitae: [pdf]
I am currently recruiting PhD students and postdocs – please get in touch for further information!
Meet me at: DESY (Oct 4-6), KITP (Oct 8-Nov 4), IHP (Dec 4-15).
Publications and Preprints
- “Tensors and Quantum Physics”, Auburn 2017 [video]
- “Multiparty entanglement, random codes, and quantum gravity”, Coogee 2017 [pdf], “Multipartite entanglement in toy models of holography”, Simons Center for Geometry & Physics 2016 [pdf] [video]
- “Entanglement in random tensor networks”, Georgia Tech 2016 [pdf]
- “Holographic duality from random tensor networks”, MIT 2015, KITP 2016, Cologne 2016, IQC 2016 [pdf] [pdf] [video] [other]
- “Moment polytopes & computational complexity”, Berkeley 2015 [pdf]
- “The Holographic Entropy Cone”, ETHZ, Caltech, CRM 2015; QIP 2016 [pdf short] [video] [pdf long]
- “Kronecker coefficients and complexity theory”, Dartmouth 2015, Rome 2016 [pdf]
- “Topologically ordered models in higher dimensions”, QGQIT 2015 [pdf]
- “Random Quantum Marginals”, IAS 2014 [video]
- “A Heisenberg Limit for Quantum Region Estimation”, ISIT 2014 [pdf]
- “The Quantum Marginal Problem”, DPG Spring Meeting 2014 [pdf]
- “Entanglement Polytopes”, QIP 2013; QSIT Lunch Seminar [pdf] [video] [science] [pdf] [explorer]
- “Quantum Entropies and Representation Theory”, IHES 2013 [pdf]
- “Computing Multiplicities of Lie Group Representations”, FOCS 2012 [pdf] [video]
- “Quantum State Tomography of 1000 Bosons”, SPS Meeting 2012 [pdf]
- “Quantum Marginals and Classical Moments”, IMS 2013 [pdf]
- “Eigenvalue Distributions of Reduced Density Matrices”, ICMP 2012 [pdf]
- Use wavelets to approximate ground states of free fermion theories.
- Prove new holographic entropy inequalities using the contractor
- Just a moment! – an algorithm for computing moment cones for the quantum marginal problem
- Explore entanglement polytopes
- Compute Kronecker coefficients using barvikron (Python) or the new Kronecker Maple package
- Download the quantum sandbox for Octave/Matlab