My research focus is on the creation of a smart, secure and sustainable Internet. This effort requires to consider operation of networks at multiple scale (MultiScale Networked Systems). Here below you find a list of current and past projects where I and my team carry our this work.
I am currently involved in the following projects:
- UPIN User-driven Path Verification and Control for Inter-domain Networks (UPIN);
- EPI, Enabling Patient Interventions to liberate, analyse, and action that data in a trustworthy way;
- SecConNet, which researches novel container network architectures, which utilize programmable infrastructures and virtualisation technologies across multiple administrative domains
- DL4LD, which demonstrates how to advance logistics by IT that ensures the trustworthy sharing of sensitive data;
- ENVRIPLUS, with focus on the development of reference models and semantic linking for the support environmental research infrastructures;
- Fed4FIRE+, to provide open, accessible and reliable facilities;
- GN4-3, with a range of research activities aimed to build network of the futures;
- Research on Networks, which researches novel network technologies to apply to the SURFnet infrastructure.
Here you will find the list of projects I have been involved in the past.
- SARNET, with focus on programmable infrastructure that can autonomously respond to cyber attacks;
- Greening the Cloud, which investigates the energy footprint of Cloud services with close collaboration with Amsterdam companies;
- COMMIT, which brings together leading researchers in search engines, parallel computing, databases, interaction in context, embedded systems and knowledge technology;
- Groene Software, which studied how to make the operations of data centra more sustainable;
- GreenClouds - Greening ICT clouds.
- GigaPort 2011/2012/2013
- CineGrid Amsterdam
- MOTE, which studied how to build topology exchange mechanisms for SDNs;
- ENVRI, which built an architecture for the common operations of environmental research infrastructures;
- NOVI, which explored efficient approaches to compose virtualized e-Infrastructures.