In September 2020, I started as a PhD candidate at the Korteweg-de Vries Instituut at the University of Amsterdam. My supervisor is dr. Lenny Taelman. My research concerns derived categories and deformation theory. I am particularly interested in deformations of Fourier Mukai transforms between Calabi-Yau varieties.
My CV can be found here.
Science Park 107
1090 GE Amsterdam
Email: w.h.rienks (at) uva.nl
- Master thesis at the University of Amsterdam (UvA): Constructing Crystalline Cohomology, supervisor prof. dr. Lenny Taelman, graduation 2020. The thesis may be found here.
- Bachelor thesis at the University of Amsterdam (UvA): Approximating graph-theoretic counting problems with Markov chain simulation, supervisor dr. Viresh Patel, graduation 2018. The thesis may be found here.
- Fall 2021, Fano Varieties, Hyperkähler Varieties and their period maps (CISM)
- (Ongoing) Working group on Hochschild (Co)homology (UvA).
- (Ongoing) Fall 2021, Seminar on étale cohomology (UvA)
- September 2021, K3 categories and hyperkähler moduli spaces (Online)
- Spring 2021, Introduction to the local Langlands program (UvA)
- Spring 2021, Derived Seminar. (Online)
- Spring 2021, Seminar on formal moduli problems. (UvA)
- Fall 2020, Seminar on deformation theory. (UvA)
- Fall 2020, Introduction to infinity categories. (RU)
- Fall 2020, Introduction to the Brauer-Manin obstruction. (Leiden)
- Spring 2020, Seminar on derived categories. (RU)
- Fall 2019, Seminar on étale cohomology (UvA).
- October 25th 2021, Tsen's Theorem, Brauer Groups and the Leray Spectral Sequence
- September 20th 2021, The fpqc site.
I have been a teaching assistant at the University of Amsterdam for bachelor level courses.
- Fall 2021, Real Analysis on R
- Spring 2021, Galois Theory
- Fall 2020, Calculus
- Fall 2020, Introduction to Geometry
- Spring 2020, Complex Analysis
- Fall 2019, Real Analysis on R
- Spring 2019: Linear Algebra 2
- Fall 2018: Algebra 2: Rings and Fields
- Spring 2018: Real Analysis: From R to R^n