Jasper Stokman's home page
Jasper V. Stokman
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Faculty of Science
Institute for Mathematics
Science Park 105-107, 3rd floor (entrance via Nikhef)
1098 XG Amsterdam
1090 GE Amsterdam
Room number: F3.03
Telephone: +31 20 525 5202
Fax: +31 20 525 5101
j.v.stokman AT uva.nl.
I am a full professor in mathematics (chair Lie theory) at the
KdV Institute for Mathematics
(Universiteit van Amsterdam). I am a member
of the mathematical research cluster
Geometry and Quantum theory
and an affiliate member of the research centre Qusoft. My research interests are
and their interrelations.
Lie theory, in particular representation theory of
quantum groups and affine Hecke algebras,
in particular integrable quantum many body systems
and integrable lattice models,
Hypergeometric functions, in particular basic and elliptic
hypergeometric functions associated to root systems,
Since September 2017 I am the programme director of the mathematical masters
(master Mathematics, master
Stochastics & Financial Mathematics and the master
Mathematical Physics). More details on
the structure of the master programmes, including major and minor programmes, the list of courses per specialization direction and suggested courses per topic, can be found in
Here is the
presentation of the introduction afternoon (August 31, 2018) for the new master students. It contains important practical information about the master programmes. Here is the
presentation of the study advisors at the introduction afternoon.
Here is the
presentation of the
Mathematical masters at the Science Master Event (October 11, 2018).
Representation Theory seminar
Irregularly I run a representation theory seminar together with
Eric Opdam. For more information and the schedule please consult
the website of the seminar.
- On connection matrices of quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations based on Lie super algebras, in: "Representation Theory, Special Functions and Painleve
Equations - RIMS 2015", Adv. Studies in Pure Math. 76 (2018),
155-195, with W. Galleas.
- Integral solutions to boundary quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations, Adv. Math.
323 (2018), 486-528,
with N. Reshetikhin
and B. Vlaar.
- Boundary quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations and fusion, Ann. Henri
Poincaré 17 (2016), no. 1, 137-177, with
and B. Vlaar.
- Connection problems for quantum affine KZ equations and integrable lattice
models, Comm. Math. Phys. 338 (2015), no. 3, 1363-1409.
- Koornwinder polynomials and the XXZ spin chain, J. Approx. Theory
197 (2015), 69-100 (special issue dedicated to the 80th birthday
of Dick Askey), with B. Vlaar.
- Boundary quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations and Bethe vectors,
Comm. Math. Phys. 336 (2015), no. 2, 953-986, with
and B. Vlaar.
- Connection coefficients for basic Harish-Chandra series, Adv. Math.
250 (2014), 351-386.
- The c-function expansion of a basic hypergeometric function associated to
root systems, Ann. of Math. (2) 179 (2014), no. 1, 253-299.
- Matching probabilities and loop models, Amsterdam Science no. 3 (2016),
14-15 (pdf), with Bernard Nienhuis.
This is a provisional version of a chapter for volume 5 of the
Askey-Bateman project. Comments are welcome.
Informal handwritten notes on the 6-vertex and dense loop model from the
GQT graduate school course "Quantum integrable systems"
of November 4, 2014.
PhD students, post-docs, and master students (current and past)
- Sam van den Brink (2018-present), jointly with Nicolai Reshetikhin.
- Kayed Al Qasimi (2014-present), jointly with
- Michel van Meer (2006-2010),
PhD thesis "Bispectral quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov
- Fokko van de Bult
(2003-2007), PhD thesis "Hyperbolic hypergeometric functions".
- Erdal Emsiz (2001-2006), PhD thesis "Affine Weyl Groups and Integrable
Systems with Delta-Potentials" (jointly with
Current master students
Sebastian Lucic, Conformal blocks of WZW conformal field theory.
- Luuk de Gruijter, Perfect state transfer (double master Mathematics and Physics).