The Information Retrieval Journal has put out a call for contributions to a special issue on neural information retrieval. Topics for this issue include the application of neural network models in IR tasks, including but not limited to:
- Full text document retrieval, passage retrieval, question answering
- Web search, paid search, searching social media, entity search
- Learning to rank combined with neural network based representation learning
- User and task modelling, personalized search and recommendations, diversity
- Query formulation assistance, query recommendation, conversational search
- Multimedia and cross-media retrieval
The deadline is October 15, 2016. Here’s a PDF with the call.